Wednesday, April 5, 2023

After

Don't say you weren't told.   December 2008. John 3.16.


After

O God, oh my God

It is you, it is true

He was right after all

Why didn’t I listen

Why, why didn’t I listen

I am sorry, I am so sorry

 

The sunset, its all coming back,

The family so together that Christmas,

Even that zealot preaching on the streets.

 

I nearly did after the funeral.

Many times you spoke to me

Many times I sensed you were there

Many times I thought there is more.

 

Deep down I knew it,

I knew it was true, but…

Oh what a waste

All those years

What a waste

What could have been

What of me now

Oh help me, help me

You must save me

I beg you

Too late, is it too late?

Oh please tell them, tell them

Please tell them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time For The Martins

 The collective noun for House Martins is 'richness'. We  learn  from nature, and as the writer of Ecclesiasties says 'There is ...