Wednesday, April 5, 2023

I Miss The Sea

I was chatting with Marjorie who said that she had lived at St Ives and Budleigh Salterton and now, living in Bath, ‘I miss the sea’



 I Miss The Sea

I miss the sea, oh how I miss its living, constant reassuring presence, its moods and shades, first glimpse and sound.

Spume, salty spray a seagulls cry always changing, something happening in and out, calm like a pond, a swell, white horses or crashing down.

Refreshing waters bracing, some days inviting warm, where boats and boards go to and fro on long horizons over life in the ocean deep.

Stroll along a promenade or bustling harbour, vistas on a cliff top walk or take to the beach, renewed once more with the sand under one's feet.

We're an island seafaring people, its in our DNAand as the poet said 'I must go down to the seas again', yes I must go down today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time For The Martins

 The collective noun for House Martins is 'richness'. We  learn  from nature, and as the writer of Ecclesiasties says 'There is ...